Monday, February 21, 2011

My Laziness


I have been home for 10 days now. I go back to work tomorrow and I am sorta looking forward to it. I have nothing but praise and admiration for stay at home moms and housewives. I am HORRIBLE at it. I love that with my job I do get to have little doses of being a stay at home mom. That is all I can handle little doses. Let me explain what happens. Take this week as an example. I started out really excited and I have 900 things to do going through my head. I have stuff that I want to do at home, places I want to go, things I NEED to get done for work before I go back. Needless to say I have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished. I am not a self motivator. If you are.. rock on with your bad self. I some how missed that gene. This week went like this...

The weekend was busy with birthday parties and getting together with friends. We played we socialized it was great as always.

Then came the week...
Isaac went to work at night and basically had to work all week as normal. The kids and I stayed up late watching movies and coloring (my favorite activity). Then we slept in, had BIG breakfasts watched cartoons and played and played and played. I took a break and made snacks and dinner. This went on ALL week. I barely cleaned my house. It is still pretty much filthy. I got nothing on my TO DO list accomplished. And I will be going to work early to start on the things I was supposed to do while I was off. Because as you can see I am now off on another distraction this BLOG...YEAH ME!

So this is my question...How do housewives stay motivated and leave the bubble of their house or even clean their house, especially when kids are involved? In all honesty I know I am the LAZIEST person ever created. But, it's hard to do crappy things when it's so much more fun to play. I don't want to clean the messes I want to create them. Maybe I just need a maid. Even when Isaac was off over the weekend he played at home with the kids and I did stupid adult distractions like facebook and reading gossip magazines instead of clean or actually do one of the things I told myself at the beginning of the week I would do. Then when we did ventured out we were gone all day. So then again I have an excuse for not getting my grown up things done. UGH... I need a group or a pill that would motivate me. Then again I would need the motivation to go to the group or to take the pill. I'll get the hang of it one day...maybe :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw this as someone's status today and it reminded me of this post LOL

    I find it helpful to organize my chores into categories.....Things I won't do NOW, Things I won't do LATER and things I'll NEVER do... =)

    ReplyDelete