Friday, June 3, 2011

The TRUE story of the Irish Accent :)


This is a story that my family and friends LOVE to tell about me. I figure the true version should be out there that way when I die peeps will know what a moron I really am.

To begin... A long time ago in a place that marriage and children didn't exist lived a 19 year old girl.

In a time when going to Mexico didn't mean being decapitated it meant partying and under age drinking with Marines.

Anyways here goes my confession...On one particular trip to Mexico I acquired an Irish accent (that really sounded more like a Russian mail order brides). I had gone down with some friends to have a good time. I had a bit to drink and was extremely happy and in a very antagonistic mood. SO when the young Marine came up to me and started talking I answered him in this crazy accent that I just randomly came up with. I figured he would laugh and get the hint that I was not interested. He thought I was serious and followed me around ALL night like a puppy. Asking all kinds of questions about Ireland. I just started answer him with whatever crap I had in my head that I knew about Ireland. Which turned out to be quite a lot of information. Who would have thought I would know so much about Ireland? Then he followed me home. To my PARENTS. (He really was a nice guy I'm just EVIL) I was still using the stupid accent. Even when I introduced him to my parents...sober. He only questioned me once about why they didn't have an accent and I did. I said why do you think they don't have an accent? He said, "Is she your aunt because you don't really look a like?" I just said "SURE". BIG BIG LIES!!! This guy went on to meet my friends. And this charade went on for I'm almost embarrassed to say...a MONTH. I had to make him stop calling and coming to visit so I told him that I was going back to my native land...IRELAND.

Funny thing happened in October...
I was back in Mexico celebrating Halloween and who do I run into...the Marine. He was SUPER excited to see me and then asked why I was there. I responded with "UMMMMMM UMMMMM UMMMM" I couldn't remember how to make that accent and again I had a bit to drink. SO I walked away. I am positive his friends told him that I was a moron and playing a not nice game on him. I never heard from him again.

As you can see I am not a very nice or smart person. However I do know how to have fun. And my family and friends have a good time telling this story of the poor Marine that I tricked.

Just thought I would share this story. It really was funny...maybe only to me and my sick sense of humor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment