Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lettuce


I'm really not a picky eater. Well maybe I just like to pretend that I'm not a picky eater. There are not many foods that I won't eat or don't like. Although I do have a small list this post is dedicated to a food that really has no purpose. That is lettuce. It is gross! I do eat it in salads because I really only eat salads for the dressing. Lettuce is crunchy water. On a hot sandwich it's soggy, slimy, boogers...YUCK. A huge pet peeve of mine is when I order a hot sandwich and specifically say "NO LETTUCE PLEASE" and then I get a sandwich with lettuce. It is not that hard to not put it on my sandwich. It's one less step. In all actuality I'm doing that person a favor. All they have to do is keep the slimy useless lettuce the hell away from me.

As far as nutritional contain I'm pretty sure there are none or the ones that it does have are not important. At least with cabbage you get flavor a little spice to it. And you don't put cabbage squished between a hot piece of meat and a bun. However I guess now thinking about it I don't particularly like cabbage. I like it on fish tacos and that's pretty much it. You would think being an Irish girl I'd like it with corned beef. Nope it's a cousin of lettuce and has very little purpose to it's life.

Anyways there is my take on lettuce. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you devoted a hole post to you're hatred of lettuce. I'm not a fan either, and I was with someone awhile back who ordered a salad without lettuce. They actually did it and it looked so much better than the normal version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that lettuce totally looks like a bra Lady Gaga would wear LOL

    ReplyDelete