Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vegas Baby




Lats Sunday Isaac and I dropped the kiddos off at his parents and headed to Las Vegas. We go every year as our "grown up" vacation. And EVERY year I cry when I drop my kiddos off...EVERY TIME. After about 30 minutes I'm good and the guilt kind of subsides. So we are on our way bumping Pennywise, Face to Face, Bad Religion and other punk rock music. We were pumped up. We got to New York New York and checked in and began to gamble. Gambling is fun if you look at it the right way. We like the social aspect of it. I know that sounds stupid but really that's what we like. We sometimes (by we I mean Isaac) win and we sometimes (I mean me) loose, but we always have a good time doing it because we are laughing with others at the craps table and drinking. After a few hours we went up and got ready because we had tickets to see Mystere.


I put on these pink sparkly 4 inch heels my mom got me for Christmas. They looked so cute with my little black dress. Isaac was dressed all in black I was in black we looked GOOD. Which is rare for us. :) So we are dressed and ready and getting into the car I realized my dress is a bit short. I tried my hardest not to give everyone a show of my ass but it was kind of awkward. Anyways the show was really good. Lots of amazing feats of strength. There was one thing that just creeped me out. They had a guy dressed as a baby. A really fat creepy guy dressed in a diaper. I did not appreciate whatever it is he added to the show. He was GROSS! After the show we went to a bar and had a "night cap"...or few.


The next day my legs were like Jell-O from my cute shoes. But I didn't really care because it was worth it. Those shoes were cute and fun. I sucked it up and we went to Cesar's. They have a Serendipity restaurant in front with the most massive donut I have ever seen. It was huge and saying "Gwenett you must eat me. I'm delicious." I had to do it. I love donuts and there was no way I was going to pass this baby up. It was so GOOD! I thought it would be dry and kind of BLAH. I'm so glad I was wrong. So after our lovely brunch we walked around and gambled and had a couple cocktails and walked some more. For dinner we went to a restaurant called the "Burger Bar". The burgers were fantastic. I had...I don't remember what I had. :( Because Isaac's burger demolished mine. He had a kobe burger with asparagus and a...lobster tail! It was the best burger ever! After our delicious burgers we went to the piano bar in New York New York. We stood outside watching for a while and then went to the guy to get in. He said I could get in for free but Isaac had to pay $10 to stand. UMMMM what? No that was not going to fly with me. We were just standing by the door and to do the same thing 2 feet over was going to cost $10? NOPE that's annoying. We went and played more games and drank an ice cream shake.


The next day we ate at the Mirage and left Vegas for another year.


While we were in Vegas my kiddos jumped from family member to family member. I am extremely greatful to have such a great family. My kids loved seeing all of their grandparents and a couple of their cousins. My poor nephew Isaiah had to share his bed with Mia. She is a beast to sleep with. He said she would make him rub her back ALL night. If he stopped she would grab his hand and put it on her back. She has done this to me so I feel for him. I don't think my kids were very excited we came home they wanted to continue their trip to all of their cousins houses. :)


Until next year Vegas <3

No comments:

Post a Comment