Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mia and a glimpse of her creative style. It's either this or butt naked for her.

Jacob is not a smiler. My brother says Jacob is in the witness protection program because of his aversion to pictures.


Sibling LOVE <3

So this past week I went to my nephews 3rd birthday party. It was what a kids party should be. Lots of finger foods, a pinata, and of course a jumper. My kids love the jumpers. They would move in if they could, especially my daughter. She is 2 going on 22. And as with kid gatherings there is enevitably a bully that makes all of the other kids look like angels. This particular bully was a 2 year old little boy that had the energy and anger of a teenager. He beat the crap out of the bigger kids that were so affraid of him and the punishment they would get from their own parents that they just ran instead of fight back. This little terror would try to stomp on kids heads and kid them when they are down. He threw toys into the pool and caused some serious havoc. Where was mom??? Mom figures that the kids should hit her son back. I don't know if she understands that most parents tell their kids NOT to hit. She is still learning and in her quest to make her son tuff she is turning him into a horrible bully.


Now my kids surprise me all the time when we go to parties or family gatherings. They both avoided the bully and in all honesty where wonderful. Jacob was polite (even if he turned Gestapo on a kid for taking a toy he wanted) Mia hugged and smiled and played with everyone whether they wanted to play with her or not. It was a nice change for me to see my kids as the loving amazing characters they are. I have to say that at home I am sometimes extremely short on understanding. That is my fault :( I teach all day and put all of my energy into my 28 kindergarteners and by the time I get home I forget that mine are only 2 and 4. I am sorry for that behavior. I know they are good kids I think that my expectations are too high. They should be loud and happy and hyper...they're little kids. So when we are at a gathering and I hear "Your son is so polite." I smile nicely and say thank you but inside I am doing somersaults and screaming "YES maybe I did something right!"

Anyways these are my musings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment