Monday, January 17, 2011

The Trouble with Alcohol


I am not a good drunk never have been and after Saturday night I'm still not a good drunk. I am that girl that wants to be every bodies friend and wants to get others together. I am extremely annoying. I have no filter on my mouth and say the dumbest things that I know I don't really believe but at that moment of my drunken stupor I feel they are funny. So, knowing that I am this stupid when I drink why do I continue to hmmm... I don't know. I always think when I start on these expeditions that after 2 I'll stop calling the waitress over. That has yet to happen. To clarify I am not drinking every weekend in fact this last Saturday was the first time in about 2 years that I went to a bar with friends and got hammered. My conscience always eats me up afterwards because I start thinking, "What did I say? What did I do? Did I toss my cookies? How pissed is my patient husband with me?" I will beat myself up for about a week over this. I am very lucky because I do have the most amazing husband that takes very good care of me and is never mad at me. When sometimes he probably should be for some of my antics. But, he is wonderful and loves me and talks me off the ledge.

OK my confession/purging session is over.

3 comments:

  1. I want to get drunk with you! Hahaha! My husband is like yours, although mine often encourages the drinking so it's only right that he's nice later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should go out sometime. My husband is a pusher as well. So when I'm on the DJs stage I just blame him for my behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should! I have no kids... just pick a date ;)

    By the way, your blog is cute, and reminds me that I am so, so glad I've never had to teach kinder (although I have some 10th graders that act quite similar).

    ReplyDelete