Monday, August 15, 2011

The first week back!




Well, the first school week is over. To say I've been busy is an understatement. Life in the house is back to being on a schedule...BOO. No more late night movies and sleeping in. However on a the plus side...sorta depends on how you look at it. Jacob started KINDERGARTEN!!! Oh the proud mommy moment I had walking him to class on his first day. I NOW know why those sappy moms cried when I took their children away from them on their first day. Jacob was great though. He met his teacher and he met new friends and wanted not a damn thing to do with me. Except when I see him at recess and lunch and he gives me a little wink and a thumbs up. He's pretty awesome :) I thought that it would be weird having him at the school for 4 hours in another class and then with me in my class for another 4 hours. But, it hasn't been bad at all. He helps me with my prep work and he tells me about his day. It's great to say the least. Alright enough of me gushing about my big boys first day of kindergarten.


On to another aspect of my life, my own class. When I got my first roster it had 29 kids on it. I went "WHAT THE EFF!!" I got my head around it and excepted and prepped all weekend for them. Then within 3 days my roster rose to 33! I said OK I'm no longer teaching I am wrangling sheep and hoping to GOD that they never realize they out number me and plot to take over. I do have to say that I really have few behavior problems. Academics on the other hand are ehhh they'll improve over time. Right now all that matters is that I survived they survived. There was no PEE, PUKE, KICKING, or BITING only a few tears...some might have been mine.


So there you have it the first week is over. Lets see what the rest of this wrangling...I mean teaching of this group brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment