Saturday, September 3, 2011

My NEW students and the craziness in my class




The new school year is well under way. I am SUPER busy with work which to be honest is kind of pissing me off. I find myself taking work home with me and working at night and on the weekends when I should be playing. I'm not new to teaching and I REFUSE to go and work in my classroom on the weekends and stay past 3. I'm going to have to find a way to work this out. And in classroom behavior news the HONEYMOON period with my students is over. Personalities are coming out in full force. Let me introduce you to a few, there is Miss Attitude, The Mutes, The Social Butterflies, and last but certainly not least The Licker. That's right I have a licker! Lets begin...


Miss Attitude is a 5 year old little girl that thinks she's 25. She wants to rule the class and is constantly mocking me. She has the eye rolling crap down. In her mission to piss me off daily she has also managed to start piss off her classmates. Her hair is always in pony tails (like that little girl from The Bad Seed) and she flips them around hitting others in the face. She will adjust to the rules of the class but, it's going to take awhile. She is VERY stubborn.


The Mutes are my silent few. I have about 5 students that have said no more then 3 words so far. They try their best to do their work and they are making some progress in the weeks that we have been in school. However if they don't start talking their progress is going to come to a screeching halt. I need them to start making letter sounds and blending and segmenting and you know make friends. They tend to sit and just stare. They don't cry, they just watch everything that goes on. I somehow have to get across to them that kindergarten only works when it's interactive. If they don't start participating they aren't going to be able to keep up. I give them until the end of this month and they will be joining the social butterflies.


The Social Butterflies are my talkers. I can relate to this group because I was a part of it when I was in school. I can relate to their need to talk to their buddies. And talk they do...constantly. They talk about the most random stuff. I find myself listening to their conversations and laughing. This is not a bad group just a noisy group.


And now let me introduce The Licker. He is the cause of some serious headaches. He first licked the table. Then when I told him not to lick the table he licked the table legs and the chair. He can NOT keep his hands to himself. He is always poking or laying on his friends. Yes LAYING on his friends! He sprawls out all over usually one of the Mutes that is looking at me with their big eyes saying "HELP ME!" I have put him on his own planet. His desk is far away from everyone else. He is going to be the one that gives me more gray hair. Every time he is asked a question is ONLY response is "HUH". He dances at the end of the line. Even if I put him in the middle of the line he finds his way to the end of the line. Oh the year he is going to give me!


So these are my kinders so far. And as far as bringing Jacob with me it's still AWESOME. He does talk non stop all afternoon. I'm getting used to that. He also just started soccer. His coach is a dillhole that makes me want to punch him out and take over. So we'll see how the season goes. At least he likes soccer this year, that's plus :)


Until the next time I get a break and a moment to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment